Equity in Education Summit
St. Mary's University of Minnesota
Missing Voices: Equity in Education Summit is a collective-impact summit of educators, students, families, and community members that defines solutions to improve the future of education.
We are thrilled with the interest in this year's Missing Voices Summit. We still have plenty of spots available for those wishing to register, however, all of our complimentary registrations for "Community Members" are full. You may still register to attend the Summit under the categories of "Educator/Administrator/
Thursday, Nov. 3
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Event Center
2540 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404-4403
- Keynote presentations by Gary Howard, The New Wilderness Project and Paul Chappell
- Local breakout sessions presenters, artists, and youth will lead conversations and activities throughout the day, focused on educational equality.
What Makes It Special
Most educational conferences are provided as an opportunity for educators only. By doing that, multiple perspectives are missing in the conversations. Our goal is to bring all voices together and move from discussion to action.
Through collaboration focused on equity, the Saint Mary's Graduate School of Education's Missing Voices: Equity in Education Summit brings together educators, students, families, and community members. When missing perspectives are intentionally included, our community is bound to be more creative in our solution-making and we will increase the opportunity to collectively improve the future.
Throughout the day, participants have the opportunity to lean strategies, identify new resources, experience creative expression, engage in dialogue and intentional networking, and commit to individual action toward solutions to make our schools more equitable.
How Can I Help?
Make a donation that will:
- Allow participants, especially students, families, and community members, to attend the event free of charge.
- Sponsor follow-up events focused on action planning, particularly Youth Action Retreats.
- Assist families in need of childcare during the event.
Earn Graduate Credit for Attending
Interested in earning graduate credit for attending the Summit and completing follow up readings and activities? More information on the credit option can be found here.
Contact us at email@example.com.