Social Thinking wanted to share with Minnesota School Psychologists the following conference:
We wanted to share that Social Thinking will be giving a conference in Minneapolis from October 5-7.
Social Thinking teaches people how to use their social smarts to interpret information and communicate more effectively. In Minneapolis, Michelle Garcia Winner, MA, CCC-SLP, clinician, and Social Thinking Founder along with other influential speakers will share practical lessons and strategies to teach social thinking and related skills for use in the classroom, home, and community. Continuing education units available!
October 5-7, 2015
8:30 am – 3:45 pm each day
DoubleTree by Hilton Minneapolis – Park Place
Target ages: kinder – young adult
A variety of strategies and concepts will be presented including:
- Strategies that bolster social learning and perspective taking while supporting the Common Core Standards.
- How social ability impacts academic success by affecting reading comprehension, written expression, and organization – and lessons to improve these skills.Tips for writing effective IEP goals.
- Review of video footage following specific individuals over 10-15 years to narrow the focus in treatment planning and predict some treatment outcomes.
- How to transform kids into Social Detectives.
- Fun and effective strategies for self-regulation using our favorite superhero, Superflex.
- Creative lessons to help our kids transform from 'Me' thinkers to 'We' thinkers.
- … and much more!
Visit www.socialthinking.com for more details and learning objectives.
About Social Thinking
For the past 20 years, clinicians at Social Thinking have been devoted to helping individuals with social learning challenges improve their social problem solving and social skills, as well as advance their academic abilities such as reading comprehension and written expression. Their work has been translated into award-winning books and conferences so that parents and professionals may use our tools to improve the lives of those they work with.
Social Thinking treatment is intended for individuals with solid to gifted language and learning skills, ages pre-K through adulthood, regardless of their diagnostic label.
Note: This training is not run by MSPA, we are simply providing you with information if you're interested in social thinking training.