I hope you all had a happy and restful holiday break. This is Minnesota NASP Delegate Dan Hyson.
I am once again organizing a Silent Auction for the 2014 MSPA Midwinter Conference, Thursday and Friday, January 30 and 31, at the Minneapolis Marriott West in St. Louis Park, with the proceeds from the auction benefiting the NASP Children's Fund. I'm emailing you to tell you a little bit more about the NASP Children's Fund and ask you individually and/or your school district, school psychology program or region to please consider donating an item for the Silent Auction.
Any item donations would, of course, be welcomed. Last year, items included books, assessment and intervention materials, region or university themed baskets, discounted training opportunities and much, much more. Below is a list of those who contributed items to the 2013 Auction. Thanks to their generosity, through the winning bids at the auction, MSPA was able to donate over $900 to the NASP Children's Fund last year! Please consider joining them this year in helping the NASP Children's Fund support the needs of children and families in Minnesota and across the country.
3. MSPA Central Region
4. University of Wisconsin-River Falls school psychology program
5. Research Press
6. Western Psychological Services
7. Minneapolis Marriott Northwest hotel
8. Psychological Assessment Resources
9. Minnesota State University-Mankato school psychology program
10. Dale Studios
11. University of Wisconsin-La Crosse school psychology program
12. Minnesota State University-Moorhead school psychology program
1. Advocating for the essential rights and welfare of all children and youth;
2. Embracing individual and group differences in children and youth based upon gender and diverse ethnic, cultural, language, and experiential backgrounds;
3. Promoting learning environments which facilitate optimal development; and
4. Producing effective interventions that address both learning and social/emotional issues that impede a child's success and happiness.
Please contact me at email@example.com or 507-474-7196 if you have any questions or if you are willing to commit to make any item donations. If you are unable to attend the Midwinter Conference, but are still willing to make an item donation, we can certainly arrange to pick up your item prior to the conference.