The Minnesota Department of Education is hosting a free workshop on the new WISC-V on December 19th, 2014 at MDE.
Registration is Now Open for the WISC-V Workshop
Administration, Scoring, and Basic Interpretation of the WISC-V
Minnesota Department of Education
December 19, 2014
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Gloria Maccow, Ph.D., Assessment Training Consultant
James Henke, Q-Interactive Product Specialist
This session will describe administration, scoring, and the basic interpretation of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fifth Edition (WISC-V). The presenters will demonstrate two different formats for administration of the WISC-V subtests: the traditional paper format and the digital format that uses Pearson’s Q-interactive platform. Toward the end of the session, participants will review sample data to identify patterns of cognitive strengths and weaknesses.
At the end of this full-day workshop, participants will:
- Describe the conceptual structure of the WISC-V;
- Describe subtests that are new to the WISC-V;
- Describe formats for administration of WISC-V subtests;
- Use WISC-V data to describe intra-individual strengths and weaknesses; and
- Use assessment data to generate hypotheses about academic performance
For more information on the speakers and the above information in a pdf format, click here.